Since tía Kim is getting married in Hawaii in 10 days I decided to go on a detox cleanse two days ago to prepare for a week of eating and partying.
The cleanse I chose is called the Detox Program at Innate Chiropractic. I bought a 10-day cleanse package from Lifebooker for $59. Since other cleanses such as the Blueprint cost upwards of $45 per day, I figured I didn’t have anything to lose. Well, maybe some weight.
On the first day (yesterday) I stopped eating meat and anything processed with artificial sweeteners (basically, anything not homemade).
- Breakfast: Low fat strawberry yogurt
- Lunch: Rice with sofrito and mushrooms. Your dad’s rice is the bomb, no exaggeration. I had two servings.
- Dinner: Garlic hummus with toasted corn tortillas – homemade by tía Kim and ST
Hummus is really easy to make. All you need is:
- Garlic – as many cloves as you’d like (for some reason since going on this cleanse, I’ve been craving garlic so I added 6 cloves
- One can of chick peas (I used Goya)
- A dash of olive oil
- A dash of water (add or subtract depending on the desired texture)
Add the garlic into the food processor first. After the garlic is cut up, add the chick peas, olive oil, and water. Process it for a while until the desired texture is achieved (smooth, for us). Enjoy with anything you’d like.
The second day was much harder. In addition to all the stuff I stopped eating on Day 1, I also stopped eating dairy. I also started drinking shakes made with the powder they gave me. Here was the meal plan for Day 2:
- Breakfast: A handful of grape tomatoes and leftover garlic hummus
- Lunch: A “smoothie” of powder, water, ice cubes, and a handful of frozen raspberries. It was nasty.
- Dinner: ST made me a mushroom, squash, onion, string bean and tofu stir-fry. SO GOOD.
At the end of these ten days, hopefully I am healthier and slimmer. We’ll see!